Breast cancer survivor and clutter clearing author learns to walk her talk

Clutter clearing cancer coping author and motivational speaker We can learn to live our priorities fully (and not just surviving or getting by on a day to day basis) by clearing out the distractions and focusing on what is important to each of us, our families, and our lives. Cancer Survivorship Coping Tools: We'll get you through this by Barbara Tako, two-time cancer survivor and published author and motivational speaker on the topic of clutter clearing. For updates on this new book, click here.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Top 7 Phrases for Uncluttered Communication: Simplify Your Interactions

Sometimes we make things more complicated than they need to be. My spouse describes the interactions of the human race very simply. He says, "We are all just fallible, dopey beings out here bumping into each other." I think that is pretty accurate (just don't tell him I said that). Given we are out here bumping into each other, my daughter and I tried to come up with the best short phrases that would simplify and improve our communications if  only we used them regularly.

Here are our Top 7:
  1. Please.
  2. Thank you.
  3. I am sorry.
  4. I forgive you.
  5. I love you.
  6. Let's have a "do over."
  7. How can I help?
Honestly, I wish I had learned some of these earlier in life. At times when I didn't know how to react or preferred to ignore or run away from something, I really could have hung in there and simply said, "How can I help?" Think about it. If we used these with the people we interact with every day, wouldn't we get along better? What would you add or delete from this list?

No comments: